Monday, October 5, 2009

The blog layout was broken, but is now fixed

The right column on the main page is falling down below the left column, for some reason.  It isn't doing that on any page.  It isn't doing that when viewing September posts.

The post for the 'Lord Save Us From Your Followers' movie is not generating the right amount of space above the article.  I'm not sure if that is related.  This post is a test to see if another post will fix the problem.  :-)

I've played with the layout settings a bit, to no avail.  I'm going to sleep on it before I contact Blogger support. (sigh)

Update: I've figured out that it is something in the article I wrote for the Austin Job Seekers Network about what to do in the first two weeks after you get laid off, and the overview of the job hunting process. That article will appear and disappear a few times until I figure out what it is about that article that is causing the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update #2: Got it.  This is apparently a bug in Blogger.  The blog post editor has a nice little button to add the 'Read More >>' link.  I had added that right before a heading that had span and div tags.  I had it before the heading, but it was placed inside of the div tags.  Then when the post appeared on the front page the closing div tag was missing (it was after the break.)  I posted this solution in Blogger's discussion groups.  Hopefully the Blogger team will fix this--they already apply lots of little HTML checks when you save a post, ant this would be easy to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment