Monday, October 5, 2009

Lord Save Us From Your Followers

Max and I went to see the movie 'Lord Save Us From Your Followers' last night.  There were 8 people in the theater, including Max and myself.  All 8 of us were from Grace, including pastor Matt.

I would highly recommend the movie for believers and non-believers.  They do a good job of framing what is wrong with the charged "discussions" that happen today and point to a better way.  I laughed and cried, sometimes at the same time.

I'm afraid that it's run at the theaters is probably at an end.  So you will need to rent it.  I would recommend that you do rent (or buy) it and watch it with a big group.  And then plan some time afterwards to discuss it.

The movie discusses some adult issues, and I'm afraid that some of it went over Max's head.  If you haven't had 'the talk' with your kid then don't show them the movie, yet.

Those of you who have read my other blog will recognize some of the major points in the movie from one of my bigger posts there. I sent that blog post to Matt Cassidy back when I wrote it in 2006. I wonder if he remembers it. We were late getting out of the movie last night, and I didn't take time to ask him about it. I regret that now. I may chase him down and ask him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment