Friday, October 9, 2009

Not afraid any more

I'm not looking for a job any more.  That particular search is over.  All of the soul searching led me to examine what I really want and need.  While a steady paycheck is clearly desirable, and I might have to get a job to make ends meet at some point, my heart and life are not there.

This is going to take a while to explain.  And I don't yet have all of those words.  So consider this a teaser preview:

I'm going to spend my time praying, reading, thinking, writing, and talking.  I'm going to write both fiction and non-fiction.  The fiction won't be empty pot-boilers, it will be pointed and focused teaching of truth through stories.  The non-fiction will be honest and true, but may cover any topic.  The talking may just be more blog videos, or it might evolve into genuine paid speaking engagements.

I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to earn money and pay the bills.  I see some hints of where the money might come from.  Let's just say for now that I have faith that money will be taken care of.

The most important point here is that I am no longer afraid.  I'm no longer afraid of my own voice.  I'm no longer afraid of speaking up and being judged.  I'm no longer afraid of failing.

No, I haven't told Christy yet.  But I'm not afraid of her any more, either.

1 comment:

  1. The only comment I have upon reading this posting...Yeeeee Haaaaaaw!

    I'm pumped for you brother. You've discovered something many never find. Continue abiding in Him - he'll take care of you.

    ReplyDelete