Friday, November 20, 2009

Depression, day 3

Got to bed later than I planned.  Didn't sleep well.  I woke up around 4am with a splitting headache.  I took some medicine and managed to get back to sleep around 5.

I slept in until almost 9.  I woke up expecting to hear the dogs and wind howling outside, especially when I realized that I had slept in like that.  They weren't exactly gone, but I was able to focus and get through my day.

I can remember the feelings.  It was something like having a thick blanket draped over me while I tried to function.  Hard to breath.  Hard to see.  Hard to get up the energy to do anything.

I can remember the thoughts.  In Chris Thurman's terms, every 10 cent issue seemed like a 10 dollar issue.  Every 5 dollar issue seemed like a 500 dollar issue.  I knew they were 10 cent and 5 dollar issues, but they felt big and daunting--way out of proportion.

But I'm mostly feeling like myself again now.  Tomorrow could easily relapse, but I doubt it will.  That has to go down as the lightest depressive episode I can remember, praise God.

By the way, Chris's books are fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Hope things are alright. Remember, this world may be falling apart, and hardly anyone's got their perspectives right, but God knows. Don't let things sit on your own shoulders. Know that God will right the wrongs in the end.

    ReplyDelete