Monday, February 1, 2010

How to become an idea-shipping person?

James sent me this.  I feel like he knows me well, and he says it reminded him of me.

This one really speaks to me:

  • Are you a serial idea-starting person? If so, what can you change to end that cycle? The goal is to be an idea-shipping person.

I can't find anyone explaining that concept anywhere.  Seth?  Can you explain it to me?   (I emailed him to ask.  We'll see what he says.)

Update:  Seth wrote back.  He says that his latest book, Linchpin, is all about how to become an idea-shipping person.  The book is available on Amazon.  I don't want to dispute with the author about the contents of a book I haven't read, but that isn't at all what I get out of the reviews for the book.  I don't see how "indispensable" and "idea-shipping" are related.  The term "idea-shipping" does not come up in the reviews at all.  We'll see, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment