Friday, May 14, 2010

Government cannot execute citizens

The NYTimes is reporting that the CIA has executed an American citizen, with no trial or due process.
"The notion that the government can, in effect, execute one of its own citizens far from a combat zone, with no judicial process and based on secret intelligence, makes some legal authorities deeply uneasy."
This man has spoken out for attacks against the US.  He is not accused of ever committing an act of violence against us himself.  There is an accusation that he might have been planning an attack.

Uneasy is not the word for it.  This is completely and totally unacceptable.  The government cannot kill a citizen based upon what that citizen says.

I have been trying to live my life independent of direct involvement in politics.  I have tried to stay on the sidelines.   Now I know that the government can and will kill me if I say something that they don't like.  Now O have to get involved.

How do I get involved without getting killed?

No comments:

Post a Comment