Monday, May 10, 2010

Brain training

I ran across a memory game that appears to be scientifically proven to make you smarter--at least in one specific way.  I've felt for a long time that chess has made me smarter.  Really, any problem-solving challenge that makes you think deeply should improve your overall intelligence.

This game, Dual N-Back, promises to increase your memory and your ability to reason in new situations.

This game was developed as an extended version of a game that was developed in psychological tests that accomplished the goals of improving memory and reasoning skills.  The game page includes several links to studies and articles.  I would suggest starting with the Wired article.

I have not downloaded and installed it yet.  I think I'm going to finish the Pray with Friends coming soon page and get that posted before I take on any new challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment