Thursday, April 1, 2010

Great new service for job hunters

I just found a great new service for job hunters: http://www.buyajobreference.com/index.html

You pay them to serve as a reference for you.  You make up the details, and when someone calls to confirm they will recite whatever you told them to say.

You get to make up your salary and title.  You pick your length of tenure.  You can even have them say that you are still employed there, and that they will miss you if you leave.



I sure hope this is an April Fool's joke.  I think it is.  But I'll bet that someone out there builds a service like this soon.  I really liked this bit of honesty in the FAQ:

What if I want a job reference for a position in which I don't have any experience?
That's fine.  We'll give you a great job reference for whatever job you want.  But after you get the job you're on your own.  Hope it works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment